Monday, November 9, 2009

Daily Mishaps

Blackie is a great horse to ride bareback. She is not spooky and has a great neck rein, plus she has a long mane to wrap your fingers in. Being somewhat of a plus-sized gal, she doesn't like to lope along the trails as much as I do, but neither does she mind meeting deer who startle and bounce away, either. She doesn't have the prominent withers that other horses do, so she's rather like riding a warm, soft barrel. That's probably the only problem with riding Blackie bareback, actually. When I caught her, I threw an orange fleece blanket over her back (because it's hunting season, I wanted to clearly label us as NOT-AN-ELK), and then threw myself up after the blanket. Imagine my surprise to find that warm, soft barrel was actually quite slippery, and whoops! Off I went the other side!
-Ciara 

No comments:

Post a Comment